Miss Elodie James McFall

Miss Elodie James McFall
The day I became a mother.

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

IT'S THE WEEKEND.......

Graham and I have always enjoyed our weekends. We loved to go see a show at First Avenue or have a nice dinner date night downtown or uptown Minneapolis. Ugh I miss Solera, Roat Osha, Nico's Tacos, and Pat's Tap just to name a few. Now that we live in suburban Atalanta without grandparents to help watch little miss Elodie things have been a bit different. If we go out we do late afternoon lunch/dinner with the babe. We have been so wrapped up in getting "house" things done we haven't done anything just the two of us lately! Last weekend we decided to have game night! Yes we are officially old and having game night! Just the two of us! We don't have any friends here yet! So after we put the baby to bed we poured some vino and broke out the good old Yahtzee game. Yahtzee is a staple game in the Vollmer household.  We play every Christmas eve.  It gets intense! Our Friday night game started with a bang! I got three Yahtzee's in a row. I texted my sister, mom and dad. I told my dad "This will never happen again"!  He replied, "You are exactly right"!!!!! Only the hubs and I were witness to my amazing skills! We ended up having an epic evening. The next night we broke out Scattergories and Jenga. Big weekend at the McFall mansion! I guess it says a lot that we can have fun together like this just the two of us. I tried to get him to admit that I am his best friend. He would not oblige. He said he would never admit that. I told him I have a long list of best friends anyway. It is an ongoing affair that I attempt to have him say that I am his best friend. He doesn't think that married couples should be best friends. I just think its funny to bug him about it!  Just keeping the flame going down here in Georgia! What do you do with your spouses to keep things exciting when you can't go out on the town? 

Night out in Minneapolis at Solera!  


Game night in Woodstock at the McFall Mansion!


1 comment: